If you haven't read my introduction post to this series yet, I urge you to go read it here. But in a nutshell, this blog tag is meant to raise awareness about breast cancer, in honor of this being Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is my #PinktoberCollab Post.
Before I get into anything about what this is and the other bloggers associated with this, Read this the following information.
Not everyone develops breast cancer.
There are certain risk factors:
- Sex- females have higher risk of getting breast cancers
- Age-risk increases as one grows older
- Genetic-5%-10% are hereditary
- Family history-having a first degree relative with bravest cancer doubles a women s risk of getting breast cancer.
- Personal history-a women with breast cancer in one breast has 4 times chance of developing breast cancer in the other breast
- Race- more common among white women .
- Women who have not yet have their first child after 30 yrs
- Some hormonal therapies
- Other benign breast conditions
- Drinking alcohol
- Being overweight after menopause
- Decrease physical activity
Signs and symptoms -
- Breast lump or mass.
- Breast skin dimpling
- Nipple retraction
- Redness,thickening or breast skin
- Nipple discharge other than milk
- Lie down on your back
- Right hand behind head
- Use left Palm to feel for lumps on right breast and vice versa.
- Check up to collarbone ,armpit,middle chest and lower rib.
1.Breast self examination
2.Regular gynecologist visit is advised.
These are all information that every woman should know and follow.
If you would like to know more about this outfit I put together, and also about information on this tag series, and posts by other bloggers, read on till the end of this article.