01 02 03 Babble Queen Diaries: Fitness| Why I Wont Paleo, Juice, GM Diet, Or DIET at all ANYMORE ! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Fitness| Why I Wont Paleo, Juice, GM Diet, Or DIET at all ANYMORE !

34


My struggle with weight loss has been going on for more than 3 years now. I have tried everything, from "The Juice Diet, Paleo, GM Diet, Military Diet.." so on and so forth! But I say.. NO more!
My necessity to diet, lose weight, everything started from this sudden new trend of losing weight. Suddenly, my 16 year old self, all 67 Kg of me, was bombarded with questions and remarks on fat, fatter, thin, thinner at every social function I attended. I was surrounded by aunties of 35 who lost 40+Kilos in just a year. I wanted to lose weight, look good, and especially escape from the "You've gained" comments.  But after blindly following these numerous diets- I had less weight loss and more other losses. And I have made the change to eat well and eat clean.

(P.S. Skip to the end, to see my recent clean recipes)


Now just to let you know, here is my timeline of dieting:






What Have I Learned?

I learned that you cannot rush weight loss, and is only failing your body in doing so. It is also better to have a healthy, albeit fat, body than to have a thin and weak one. Weight loss should not really be the goal at all! It should be health, fat loss and mental stability. I finally learned that eating food is not  a sin, but something to enjoy and should nourish the body.Getting fit is the reward for taking care of our body the way we should be! So once and for all! I have made a decision, NEVER to "diet" again in my life. No diets that exclude a food group, or glorify a particular food item will be a part of my life again! 

And for the first time in my life,  I have been cooking healthy, and eating clean for the last two weeks and I have to say it feels amazing! I eat everything in accordance to common sense and judgement. If I want to indulge, I do. I don't hold myself against it. But 5 days/7 I eat good clean meals with predominantly green and natural items. Pinterest has become my best friend and here are few of the recent experiments I have tried out! 


Green Smoothie:


Rainbow Salad


Flourless Pancake

Pumpkin Onion Soup

Banana Oatmeal with Pomegranate

Cauliflower and Egg Rice 

Coconut Crusted Chicken with a roasted chili, yogurt, honey dip


Cumin Pepper Chicken With Carrot Noodles 



If you would like to know the recipes for any of these dishes, do let me know. If you want to know what I eat on a daily basis, you can follow me on Instagram at fathima.94

I know the struggles of all those ladies that are going through these trials. But remember, nothing is worth your  health and sanity. No goal weight, no thigh gap and no people that need you to be thin to appreciate you. Remember this: 



That is my two cents for today!

I would like to know about your struggles and achievements with weight loss, and fitness. Do you believe in "dieting"? Has any of it worked for you without any side effects?




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38