01 02 03 Babble Queen Diaries: The Style Explanation 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Style Explanation

34
Man Repeller, the internationally acclaimed blog is perhaps my most favorite fashion blog. The sole reason for this is because their about section reads the following: 

man·re·pell·er1  [mahn-ree-peller]–nounshe who outfits herself in a sartorially offensive mode that may result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pantsboyfriend jeansoverallsshoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.

As they say I dont dress to attract or to impress men, but rather to express myself.Their blog often offers writing prompts for their readers to express their views and the following is something I wrote for them. Even though It did not get published, I thought it deserved to be out in the world wide web. 

The Style Explanation: 

Style is my tether to sanity.

Sanity and normalcy are fickle things.

Hold steadfast to them, or they vanish at a moment’s notice.

All our lives, we depend and discover various ways to hold on to this precious necessity.

Temporary tethers range from schedules and fitness to art and to music and to booze and to dope.

When you find the right way to essentially let your freak flag fly, these temporary tethers are moot.

I let all my insanity flourish through my style and leave my mind to be sane.

The shades of crazy in my head are transferred to the style for the day.

My love for blades axes hammers and guns,sadly in jewelry is perhaps the reason why I don't yield the real things

From wearing shades of fiery red for those days that I wake up in a rage 

The black for my dark days 

the floral on my spring days 

to the muted nudes I wear on my calm days.

These accents are the thing that keeps me sane. 


Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38